TQM Pipeline System Reinforcement Project
Over the next few years, upgrades and additions to facilities within its network will be necessary to ensure the security of natural gas supply in the Montérégie and Estrie regions.
For TQM, the project has three components:
- Sabrevois Asset Purchase: TQM Pipeline will acquire the Sabrevois delivery station, the 63 km pipeline between Sabrevois and Shefford, and seven lateral pipelines (totaling 11.5 km).
- New compressor station: Construction of a new compressor station to be operated by TQM Pipeline.
- New interconnection at Saint-Basile-le-Grand: Construction of a new interconnection that will connect TQM to a proposed Énergir delivery station.
TQM will submit its application for the Reinforcement Project to the National Energy Board (NEB) in 2019. For more information on the NEB's regulatory process, please read this section of the NEB website.
In addition, Énergir and TransCanada plan to construct the following as part of the TQM Reinforcement Project.
- A new delivery station at Saint-Basile-le-Grand to be operated by Énergir.
- Unit addition at the existing Station 802 compressor station at Saint-Philippe, operated by TransCanada.
Upgrade work in East Hereford
To view the application for the backup construction work at the East Hereford Compressor Station, visit the National Energy Board's website. To view the French version of the application, please click here.